The WCPA Listserv is available to all WCPA members. The purpose of the Listserv is to facilitate communication between WCPA members. It can be used for discussion, referrals, professional questions, announcements, meeting notifications and other professional posts.
How to Join the Listserv
If you are interested in joining, let us know by emailing Richard Primason at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email identify yourself by name and the email address that you want used for the Listserv. Further details and instructions will follow. If you have any questions about the project, contact Richard Primason at 914-478-2146.
General Rules for using the WCPA Listserv
Maintain confidentiality. Follow HIPAA laws. Do not disclose any patient information including patients’ names.
Do NOT use the Listserv for:
- Commercial use (psychological services are not allowed). However, announcements that provide useful professional information to the list serve members but also have incidental commercial benefit to the sender would be allowed (e.g., workshops, groups and presentations). Another exception is that members may include signature links to their website, blog, Face book page and other social media.
- Advertising office space (although members may post their interest in seeking office space).
- Unsolicited advertising.
- Chain letters.
- For any communication that could be construed in any way as support for, or opposition to any candidate for a federal, state or local public office.
- The advocation for issues that are not on WCPA, NYSPA’s or APA’s agenda (e.g., minimum wage, Amnesty International, etc.) are not to be placed on WCPA’s Listserv, no matter how worthy the cause.
- Defamation, violation of intellectual property laws, violation of antitrust or unfair competition laws or violation of criminal laws.
You May Use the Listserv for:
- Postings that pertain to psychologists and psychological issues.
- A forum for sharing information and community building. The Listserv is a place where differences of opinion can be aired.
DISCLAIMER: This list serve is to be used only for informal networking by WCPA members. NYSPA and WCPA, its’ members and participants are not responsible for the actions of other professionals referred to, and cannot be held responsible under any circumstances for the outcome of any referral that may occur as a result of this networking process. All members and participants of this networking forum shall be held harmless for any consequences of referrals that may be made as a result of the networking efforts of people utilizing this site. WCPA and NYSPA accept no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this list serve by others.